Saturday, August 8, 2015

Farewell July

Farewell July
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2015
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/nicki-ault/farewell-july/403613
sold 

It is not an easy thing painting sunsets and I am not sure I hit the mark with all of them, but for some reason I can't stop trying. The thing is that sunsets can come off cliché or cheesy- the colours can seem unreal or made up. However, if you saw the sunsets I saw at Waskesiu Lake in July you would know that the intense colours are very much real. There were one or two sunsets that had me shaking my head in disbelief. At days end it is such a beautiful gift to wander down to the beach, quietly wait for the changes in the sky and be witness to such breathtaking loveliness.

*as a side note... (something that is no big whoop to anyone but me)... this is my 800th post! Thanks for continuing to stop by!

No comments: