Monday, August 3, 2015

Serene Day - Hanging Heart Lakes

Serene Day - Hanging Heart Lakes
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2015
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/nicki-ault/serene-day-hanging-heart-lakes/402593
sold 

A day in the boat. It involved a trip down memory lane as I enjoyed visiting the Hanging Heart Lakes in Waskesiu with my dad and my two children. I hadn't been there for probably two decades or more- my memories were vague, but new ones were made. They now involve a scenic ride through two channels to the third Heart Lake, unfortunately hitting some rocks with the propeller along the way. We set up anchor by the island on the third lake; my kids cast their fishing rods a handful of times but then my dad spotted lightening. Bleep! Not wanting to take any risks we packed it in and headed back to dry land. No fish, wet everything. Bent propeller. Bleep!

Funny thing is, my kids will never forget that day. Grampa was a champ showing them how to cast and slowly reel the line in to try to trick the fish. Better yet he showed them how to handle risky weather in a smart way and also how to be a class act when something you love is damaged unexpectedly. It was a really good day by unconventional standards.

No comments: