Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Spotlight- Coming Soon

Well you can tell it's summer!  I have taken an unexpected sabbatical from the online world I love so much. I have been blogging about my art and life (to a lesser degree) for almost four years and it has been one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I can safely say, however, that THE best thing I have done for myself was to step off the career track and stay home with my children in their young and formative years. I am raising wonderful, caring, funny boys who make my heart beat with joy every single day! A happy side-effect of staying at home with them has been that I have been able to establish a studio  practice and I have been able to direct focus towards art which has been a love all of my life. Because I am rather shy, the blog forum has allowed me to type as if I am writing to my close friends, but yet I have been able to reach a larger audience. I truly appreciate the people who have connected with my art and check in to see what I have been up to. THANK YOU! But as wonderful as this is, sometimes I still find it hard to talk about myself or feel as though I have something worth showing or sharing. That is where the idea for the Sunday Spotlight came in. I am soooooo proud of all of the artists I have met over the last several years- WOW we have some excellent talent in Saskatoon and Saskatchewan. I swear, the prairies are a hot-bed for creativity!!!

I can hardly wait to introduce you to more artists... but it is summer and people are on holidays so I am sure you can understand that a natural lull is in order... especially after the winter we just had! It won't be long- Sunday will continue to be the day I tell you about amazing artists I know. I will write again as soon as there is a more normal routine. I just hope you don't mind waiting!

P.S. While at the lake, where I have been most of July, I have painted five 6x6" paintings and 3 8x8" paintings for Lifestyles By Darrell Bell... and I have three more boards to go. There will be lots to post when I am fully back on the grid and I can hardly wait to begin working on some larger canvases... plus there is a big abstract in progress that I am anxious to get feedback on! Please stay tuned!

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

I get it. Summer is soooo short, and so beautiful. I notice that other artists post notes when they don't have a painting to post, and I think it's a good idea. I should try it.

I love your blog, and feel honoured to be one of your blog friends. You should never doubt your magnificent work, or your words. We wait eagerly for both.

XOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

You are always so good to me, Barbara. I truly appreciate your support and I, too, am so glad we are blog friends. Actually I think we are friends outside the blogosphere too!

Hugs,
Nicki