Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Not Even A Whisper

Not Even A Whisper
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
Nicki Ault, 2013
available exclusively at Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery

The evening the reference photo for this painting was taken, it was wonderfully calm and serene. A bike-ride with my kids led us to this pond at Waskesiu Lake where beavers had been busy at work. I soaked in the mood, enjoyed the still reflection and sounds of nature, then proceeded to make a painting based on it all... and by viewing a photo on my camera's little screen.

Right now I am running on very limited access to technology... my computer has ceased up on me- big time. I am ever-so-slightly panicked about ALL of my files including photos of my kids from baby-stage until now. It is stressful, but my go-to computer guy (my brother-in-law) assures me that the hard-drive is intact and we will get to those files somehow. The kicker is we thought it was all being backed up, but it was not. Luckily I had some drafts already created for this blog, so I will be able to make a handful of posts in the next few days whenever I can borrow a computer. It's been a long time coming but this situation has nudged me over the edge and I will be getting my own laptop for my business and no longer sharing a computer with the men in my life! It's time for us to part ways :)

4 comments:

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Oh Nicki that is so scary. Comptuers- it is a love/hate thing. Beautiful art! And as usual, terrific title too! :)

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

Beautiful painting, and I am so sorry about the computer problem. We rely so heavily on them. Great idea getting your own. Much better.

XOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Monika... yes, computers are a friend and a foe! It was great chatting with you yesterday.

Nicki said...

Barbara, yes, I don't use a lot of gadgets and functions when it comes to computers, but the things I do use I rely on heavily... and the computer keeps me in touch with you, so I need a working one! :)

I'm happy you like this painting.

Hugs,
Nicki