Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cloud at Sunset

Cloud at Sunset
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold


I am constantly enamored by the silhouette of trees in front of the setting sun. On this evening in Waskesiu the air was calm as could be and the still clouds above the lake were illuminated by the gorgeous warm oranges of the sunset. I LOVE scenes like this!

Speaking of scenes I love... I just know I am going to love what I see this weekend on my "canoeing and painting in the wild" adventure. I have never been as far north in my province as this trip will take me and I am so looking forward to painting the landscape of the Canadian shield! I am a little worried about the canoeing/portaging end of things, but I'm up for the challenge! It will be a bit quiet around this blog for the next several days, but please check back next week to see photos and paintings of beautiful northern Saskatchewan (and hopefully there will be a few funny stories to tell).

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Go brave Voyageur. I am proud of you, and know you will be delighted with your strength, perseverance and whole new realm of art. This is magnificent.

XOXO

Nicki said...

Oh Barbara, you say the kindest most encouraging things. And you are so good at dropping by. This weekend I am going to get a coffee and enjoy a browse through your blog when I have a computer that I can use for a while. Hopefully my computer woes are solved soon.

XO Nicki