Saturday, August 24, 2013

Last Light

Last Light
8 x 8"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2013
available exclusively at Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery
sold

I have been home for a week now and I am happy to say that I survived the canoeing and painting adventure to northern Saskatchewan. It was four days I will never forget and I will write about it soon, but I also just delivered six new paintings to Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery and wanted to post one of them. 

This has been the summer of the sunsets... or maybe it just seems that way because this year I have spent most of my summer at the lake or in the north rather than the city, so the sunsets are easier to observe. I wonder how many sunsets people are missed because tall buildings or houses are in the way. This particular sunset was on July 31 and I posted another painting of a different point in the sunset here..."Clouds and the Setting Sun"

It's hard to believe summer is winding down... I got school supplies for the kids yesterday and I think it's the first year I have not quite felt ready to get back into a routine. Time is going too fast and they are growing up too quickly.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

This is gorgeous Nicki. The sunsets were spectacular in Nova Scotia and in the city too. There's a hill in our park with a spectacular view of sunsets. Awesome painting.

XOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Ooooooh, I can just imagine the sunsets in Nova Scotia. And how lucky it is that you can see the sunsets easily in the city.

XO N.