Friday, March 1, 2013

The Break Up

The Break Up, Waskesiu Lake
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold 


Well, that was short-lived! My oldest boy woke up in the middle of the night hacking and coughing like an old man. He was all stuffed up and very uncomfortable and is therefore home from school today. So much for the roll I was on at the studio this week. Hopefully I will be able to sustain the enthusiastic mood I have been in and pick it up again next week.

Anyway, here is another 6x6" painting I completed the other day. A beautiful ending to a rainy day at the lake when the clouds finally start to break up... leaving hope for a beach day tomorrow!

Note:  I have decided to begin to include the PayPal "buy" link when I post my 6x6" paintings. This size makes up the majority of the paintings in my Daily Paintworks Gallery; the link will take you there to see the purchase/shipping info. Clicking on this link does not mean you are committing to the purchase of the painting- it just takes you to the spot where more information is available.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Sorry about your boy, but stay on the roll. Life does hand you some problems, but I do love your work so much.

This is gorgeous.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

He's already feeling better after resting today. He has his first hockey tournament tomorrow so I really wanted him to perk up. I still feel excited and motivated so a lot would have to go wrong to change my mood!

Thanks Barbara, I hope you and your family are feeling much better now that a little bit of time has passed since your ordeal.

Hugs,
Nicki