Thursday, March 7, 2013

Late Day Marsh

Late Day Marsh
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2013
sold


Well this was just plain fun! I completely enjoyed playing with and mixing the paint to get the light effect I wanted. I also really tried to stay loose and not get bogged down in the details of the clouds- I kept reminding myself to simplify, simplify, simplify.

So I just have to say it- I have had it with winter! It snowed again today and honestly, enough already! I generally consider myself to be a glass-is-half-full kind of gal, but this winter is really testing me. The snowbank in front of my house is taller than my boys and check out this "ice flow" I noticed down the side of the studio building today...


What???!!!

 

Note:  I have decided to begin to include the PayPal "buy" link when I post my 6x6" paintings. This size makes up the majority of the paintings in my Daily Paintworks Gallery; the link will take you there to see the purchase/shipping info. Clicking on this link does not mean you are committing to the purchase of the painting- it just takes you to the spot where more information is available.

2 comments:

Anne Higgins said...

I've just come across your blog, and like your art very much. I love that "Late Day March."
I will continue to visit it.

Best wishes from Anne

Nicki said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, Anne. I’m so happy to have new visitors and I hope you continue to enjoy my work.

Kind regards,

Nicki