Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Father and Son

Father and Son
pencil on paper
© Nicki Ault, 2001

Last week I went to see the new atelier (art school) that is opening in town and ever since then I have been very excited about getting back to drawing. I am so looking forward to fine tuning my skills and learning more about training my eye to really see. I think some of my friends will recognize the father in this photo; I've known him since elementary school and I was pleased and honoured when his wife asked me to draw him with their first born. The likeness is pretty good, but I am sure once I learn more I'll want to try it again.

I have recently been spurred on by my drawing buddy to meet for coffee and then attend the drop-in drawing session with him this Saturday. I'll be rusty yet again, but hopefully I'll come out with something to show you. Stay tuned for a new installment of Feelin' Sketchy Saturday! All of my drawings up until now are going to act as the "befores" to all of the drawings I do "after" my atelier training is complete!

No comments: