Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Bog

The Bog
20 x 16"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2012

I just realized I put this painting on my Facebook Fan Page (feel free to "like" by clicking the button on the right side of this blog), but I hadn't shown it here. It will be in the tree-themed show I am doing with my Dad in a few weeks. You can read about that here. A good portion of Northern Saskatchewan is made up of the boreal forest and the photo I took for this painting was at a hiking trail called Boundary Bog in Prince Albert National Park. We love doing the hike with the kids, but depending on the month and amount of water around the mosquitoes can be the size of birds!

On a note of curiosity... I was just looking at my "stats" and it seems that the number of my visitors from Russia has skyrocketed! In the last month I had 188 visits, but 152 of those were in the last week alone! Why, I wonder? At any rate...

 Здравствуйте, друзья! Надеюсь, вам понравится мои картины!

(Welcome friends! I hope you enjoy my paintings!)

2 comments:

Kim Rempel said...

Well that's cool! How lovely that you're going to have a show with your Dad!!
I love the rhythm in this piece Nicki, and the dappled light making a sparkling path.

Nicki said...

Yes, Kim- I'm very excited about it. It is all starting to come together, but I have to get more paintings done!

Someday you will come to the Kenderdine Campus with me- it is about a half hour away from the site of this painting, but still, it is in the Boreal forest.