Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Dream Before Sleep

#3 - A Dream Before Sleep
6 x 6"
oil on board
(30 paintings in 30 days - Project II)
© Nicki Ault,2012
sold

In the northern boreal forest, after the sun sets- sometimes as late as 9:30 or 10:00 p.m.- the sky gets dark and very blue, but it is still lighter than the treeline. With the majority of the sun's rays gone, sometimes it is the glowing moon that illuminates the activity in the sky. I find it all very dreamy and I could watch the sky forever... day or night.

2 comments:

-Don said...

You captured the dreaminess beautifully! As with all great cloud formations, my imagination wants to isolate shapes and create a narrative. Interestingly enough, I see a mother rocking a child to sleep while whispering sweet nothings. A Dream Before Sleep, indeed. Goodnight, my friend...

-Don

Nicki said...

Don, I see her! Wow, that is wild! Thank you for such a lovely comment! I hope you slept well.

Nicki