New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

View From The Canoe Revised

View From The Canoe (revised)
24 x 30"
acrylic and oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2016
sold

With the Open Studio looming (it's coming up on Sunday) I have been sorting through older paintings to figure out what I have available to show and what should be removed from the studio quick-like before any possible chance of them being seen. I have quite a pile for removal. This painting, however, presented a challenge... toss or keep? The original was painted in acrylic in 2014 (see below) and I must have liked it at the time because I put it in a show At Hues Art Supply and it was also at the Black Spruce Gallery for awhile.

 View From The Canoe (original)
© Nicki Ault, 2014

Well, two years later I found that it really rubbed me the wrong way! The water was so dark and the colours seemed acidy. The purple underpainting also overpowered things. What was a girl to do? My answer was to paint over it in oils. 

I feel much more satisfied with it now and it will be hanging up somewhere on Sunday. Please come check it out anytime between 11 and 5 at 236A 20th Street W.

No comments: