Tuesday, March 10, 2015

On The Way Home, Lynx Lake

On The Way Home, Lynx Lake
12 x 12"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2015

I love my reference picture of this scene so much that it is the screen saver on my computer. It is an image of the last leg of our journey home from our base camp on the "Canoeing and Painting In The Wild" adventure in 2013. I love the depth of colour in the foreground. I also love the ripples moving away from the canoe which I was paddling (not rowing... don't say "rowing" when you are canoeing) with my partner, Erica. Gosh we had fun- what an extraordinary time we had. However, if I were to do it again, I would likely forgo the seven litres of wine we brought between the two of us. It seemed like a good idea until we had to portage twice!

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

This is so gorgeous. It took my breath away when I opened it up.

Beautiful.

Love your work.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Oooooh, thank you for telling me that was your reaction! I am so happy!

Hugs to you,
N.