July and August 2017: A small selection of my work, courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus) throughout the summer months.

November 10, 2016:
I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!


Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery in Saskatoon. For a limited time several of my large oil paintings are also available at
their new street front gallery on 21st Street (formally Lifestyles By Darrell Bell Gallery).

Ongoing: a selection of my larger work is available at The Black Spruce Gallery at Northside on Highway 2 just before the turn to Christopher Lake.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Rain

Rain
6 x 6"
oil on board

I remember driving home from the lake last summer with rain coming down in columns all around me. I was in awe; it wasn't raining right where I was on the road, but it seemed that everywhere I looked there were long columns of rain coming from the clouds. I had never seen anything like it. Often on the prairies when it rains you see big, flat sheets of rain, but in this case there had to be ten or more long, skinny pillars of rain sporadically placed around the horizon, near and far. It is difficult to explain what I saw except to say that the drive home looked like this painting only tenfold. Spectacular.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful. In Nova Scotia we see what you describe when rain is coming across the ocean. It is a very cool sight. Then it's time to run for it!

Love your painting.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

I'm glad you can relate to this scene, Barbara. It got me thinking... what if someday I was in Nova Scotia with you?! How amazing would that be?

XO N.