New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

July - October, 2017: A small selection of my work,
courtesy of Darrell Bell Gallery, is available at Boffins restaurant (111 Research Drive, U of S campus).

Sunday, November 19, 2017: Studio on 20th Open Studio Art Show and Sale. The studio where I paint will be open to the public from 11 am - 5 pm on this one afternoon only. Current work by our eleven artists will be exhibited and available to purchase. Please come and bring a friend! We are located at 236A 20th Street West (door to the left of the Odd Couple restaurant); not wheelchair accessible.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Waskesiu River In August

Waskesiu River In August
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2014

I got to feeling very restless yesterday, not exactly grumpy, but definitely mildly agitated. I am on holidays with my family and brought my supplies with me hoping to get a chance to paint. A week into the vacation and the opportunity had never materialized. I think that was what was eating at me. A few chances to take reference photos around the lake had worked out, but never enough time to paint en plein air. Finally, late yesterday afternoon, I decided to be proactive and deal with my mood; I pulled out a board and my paints and worked on the deck using a picture on the screen of my camera. The relief was almost instant. It meant I didn't shower before supper with my parents, but the priority was to be a pleasant person to be around! It worked.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful Nicki,

I hear you. Painters gotta paint.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Painters gotta paint.

Love that.

Thanks Barbara,
N.

XO