Thursday, August 7, 2014

Waskesiu River In August

Waskesiu River In August
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2014

I got to feeling very restless yesterday, not exactly grumpy, but definitely mildly agitated. I am on holidays with my family and brought my supplies with me hoping to get a chance to paint. A week into the vacation and the opportunity had never materialized. I think that was what was eating at me. A few chances to take reference photos around the lake had worked out, but never enough time to paint en plein air. Finally, late yesterday afternoon, I decided to be proactive and deal with my mood; I pulled out a board and my paints and worked on the deck using a picture on the screen of my camera. The relief was almost instant. It meant I didn't shower before supper with my parents, but the priority was to be a pleasant person to be around! It worked.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful Nicki,

I hear you. Painters gotta paint.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Painters gotta paint.

Love that.

Thanks Barbara,
N.

XO