New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

That Was Close!

Palaeozoic Beach, Georgian Bay
36 x 48"
acrylic on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2014

I was at the studio late yesterday afternoon doing some last minute tasks in preparation for the Georgian Bay show which goes up on Monday. I am very excited about it and hope my work holds up next to Bridget and Jackie's. I can't help but feel insecure and nervous, but onward I go.

At any rate, it so happened that Bridget was at the studio doing the same, last minute tasks. In fact, she was even working on a painting for the show! Her husband was there helping her with some wiring and framing and he got looking at my work. He happens to be a geologist and brought to my attention that the original title of this painting was inaccurate. Yikes! It turns out I got my holidays from last year mixed up. Originally I named this painting "Pre-Cambrian Beach", but the rocks in this area are from the Palaeozoic era. Whew, that was close! The rocks from my canoe trip are the ones that are Pre-Cambrian. I got schooled today! (And I am grateful).

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

To your fans out here, it is an amazing painting any way you name it.
Beautiful work.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

I was happy to get schooled. I would rather be right than wrong! Thanks Barbara.

N.
(Hug)