Sunday, August 17, 2014

Tilt

Tilt
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2014
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/nicki-ault/tilt/250923 
sold

A tricky composition, I realize, but I love the way this little pine tree was tilting off the rocky hillside and leaning over the lake, so I had to try. I found this scene while I was on a bike ride on the Red Deer trail in Waskesiu. So many trees are down in the area from harsh wind storms earlier this season, but this little fella is hanging on for dear life.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this painting, and once again your love of the subject makes it so alive. The thought of another winter like that one is making me want to fly like the eagle that flew over our heads the other day.
"South" he seemed to say. "Head south!"

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

That is one smart eagle. I may have to follow suit!

XO N.