Monday, May 26, 2014

The Sunset

The Sunset
8 x 10"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2014
sold 

I was honoured when the principal from my kids' school approached me to create a painting for a friend based on a photo of a sunset the friend adores. After studying the photo I decided it was a job I could take on because it felt familiar, in fact, it brought to mind some of the paintings I have done in the past of silhouetted trees against colourful skies. I've said it before and I will say it again, it's not an easy subject. I am pleased with how it turned out- especially the treeline- it has me thinking about all kinds of possibilities now that I am on an experimental abstract kick.

The Sunset- detail
© Nicki Ault, 2014

The Sunset- detail
© Nicki Ault, 2014

Some of the details could make for interesting paintings on their own. 

No comments: