Friday, November 25, 2011

Bleached Blonde

Bleached Blonde
6 x 6"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2011 
sold 

A new little grassland scene. I enjoyed switching up the colour palette for this one. The grass is so pale at this time of year... very blonde... which reminds me, it's time to make a hair appointment!
Two more sleeps until the Open Studio! I actually just got home from wiring, signing and hanging all (well, most) of my art and my space is looking pretty pulled together. I also spent some time tweaking my love/hate painting and now things are leaning a bit more toward love. And I painted another little stormy sky. 

Bed, here I come!

2 comments:

-Don said...

You did a great job with this palette making the painting feel wintery and cold. Brrrr.... I love how your strokes flow in from the right pushing my eyes through the composition and then how the strokes get smaller and smaller the further back my eyes go. Brrrr... I'm still shivering.

Congrats on making it through the hating stage of your other painting. I can appreciate that love/hate.

Good luck with the Open Studio.

-Don

Nicki said...

Hi Don, thank you for your observations on this painting. I'm always happy when my compositions catch your keen eye.

It has been chilly and we have had some snow, but it is all melting now... the temperature is really rising. It is supposed to be plus 9 tomorrow (Celcius) so that bodes well for the Open Studio.