Saturday, October 29, 2011

Feelin' Sketchy

 20 minute study  

               20 minute study             


It finally happened! I went to a live model drawing session! An artist I met at the drawing class this summer (at Emma Lake) met me for coffee then we went together. He had been before and was gracious enough to offer to meet me when I was ready to go for the first time. Today was the day! Yippee! Of course I was rusty, but I really enjoyed it and plan to mark it on the calendar semi-regularly. If I can make this happen then I expect I will get better and better. It's bound to happen, right? This is a sampling of what I did today. Not sure the proportions are right, but it just felt good to knock the cobwebs off my pencils and make marks.

3 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Great work. Both are beautiful and I love the hands on the second one.

Viva the sketch!

XO Barbara

suzanneberry said...

sensitive and beautiful studies nicki! lovely line quality. bravo!

Nicki said...

Thank you, Barbara. I am determined to improve my drawing skills. Maybe I should look into a class after Christmas. I am growing more and more intrigued with the portrait and figure as a subject, but lack the confidence in execution.

XO Nicki


Suzanne, I appreciate your comment about the line quality. That is what I worked on with both of these- especially the second one. It wasn't so much about shading. I will focus on that another Saturday.

Smiles,
Nicki