Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Forest Above Revamp

The Forest Above (reworking)
8x8
oil and acrylic on board
© Nicki Ault, 2011


It's been slim pick-in's these days to find time to paint. And the paintings I have started are all large and not finished. I have two on the go that are 30x30" and 30x40", so they will take time to complete. And there probably have been times that I could have painted, but all of my supplies are at the studio. I am toying with the idea of making a small limited palette kit to keep at home for times I can't get to the studio. My hat goes off to the "daily painting" crowd, that's for sure!

This painting is a redo of one of my abstract reflections that I was never quite happy with. You can see the original version here. The photo of the original actually is way better than it was in person! And I rarely find that to be the case! Anyways, this may still get more work and it may even be repurposed... to kindling!

Other news: Judy of Judy Adamson on Art and Design emailed awhile ago and wanted to do a post based on a comment I made on my blog. If you have time please follow this link to read her words.

No comments: