New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Forest Above Revamp

The Forest Above (reworking)
8x8
oil and acrylic on board
© Nicki Ault, 2011


It's been slim pick-in's these days to find time to paint. And the paintings I have started are all large and not finished. I have two on the go that are 30x30" and 30x40", so they will take time to complete. And there probably have been times that I could have painted, but all of my supplies are at the studio. I am toying with the idea of making a small limited palette kit to keep at home for times I can't get to the studio. My hat goes off to the "daily painting" crowd, that's for sure!

This painting is a redo of one of my abstract reflections that I was never quite happy with. You can see the original version here. The photo of the original actually is way better than it was in person! And I rarely find that to be the case! Anyways, this may still get more work and it may even be repurposed... to kindling!

Other news: Judy of Judy Adamson on Art and Design emailed awhile ago and wanted to do a post based on a comment I made on my blog. If you have time please follow this link to read her words.

No comments: