Saturday, April 30, 2011

Reflection at Dusk

#2 - Reflection at Dusk
(30 paintings in 30 days project)
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2011
sold

I found the time! It's my son's 9th birthday today and a lot was going on. Right now I have five boys on the floor with chips, drinks and sleeping bags watching a movie and planning to stay up all night! Yup- his first sleepover party! Big day. This evening while the kids played, I painted. Like I said, I found the time! So only 28 to go in my "thirty paintings in thirty days" project.

My usual photo editing tool is not working so I am getting used to another one and I haven't sorted it out yet. The yellows are showing a bit brighter than in reality. I will try to get a photo outside tomorrow to see if that makes an improvement. I've already learned that even if the day seems packed solid, I can probably find some time to paint if I want. And I've learned that possibly harder than painting every day will be making up a title. Two days in and I am already having trouble!

8 comments:

Kim Rempel said...

It sounds like our house!! : )
Great painting Nicki! Love that sky.

cohen labelle said...

This is very beautiful! I love the feeling in this!
And of course happy birthday to your son!

Pam Holnback said...

Great looseness in the brushstrokes!

Nicki said...

Hi Kim,
Thanks.... it was fun, but our basement was a steambox and a bit stinky after they played for awhile! Ha! Glad you like the sky.
Nicki


Hi Marcia,
I'm so glad this one attracts you and compelled you to comment. And thanks for the wishes for my son.
Nicki


Thank you, Pam. I'm pleased with the brushstrokes, too, so thanks for commenting on them. They are more interesting in person, but that's the way it usually goes.
Nicki

Judy Adamson said...

Well, you've made 'pink' work for you, Nicki! It's great!

Nicki said...

Hi Judy,
I wondered if you would notice! After I made that comment the other day, I decided to try to get over my hang up. The next painting is another attempt.
Nicki

Barbara Muir said...

Fantastic light. Don't worry about titles. I like a #1,#2,#3 if you're stuck. Keep going -- I'm excited about seeing all of your beautiful work.

This one's a beauty.

XOBarbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Barbara! Yes, I may have to stick with a number until a name settles. It doesn't always come that quickly for me.

Glad you like this one,

Nicki