New Representation: my art is now available at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina! They are located at 2266 Smith Street, a vibrant, bustling part of town.

November 15 - December 31, 2017: Holiday Salon - Small Works Show at Darrell Bell Gallery (street level ), running through the holidays, Darrell and his team have installed a grid of twenty of my 8x8's as well as a small wall of larger pieces at the front of the gallery. Lots of great gift ideas to be found by the many gallery artists on display.

Ongoing: my 8x8" original oil paintings are available exclusively at Darrell Bell Gallery located in the Canada Building in downtown Saskatoon. As well, some of my large oil paintings are now available in this beautiful local gallery.

November 10, 2016: I was interviewed by Daily Paintworks as their Spotlight Artist for a week! Read my interview on the DPW News blog!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Forest Above

The Forest Above
8x8"
acrylic on panel

This is number three of the four reflections I painted while I was at Emma Lake Kenderdine Campus earlier this month. Again, this is from my first day at the workshop when I drove to Spruce River. I've been finding it hard to photograph these reflections. Not sure why.

I'm feeling a bit melancholy tonight. Tomorrow morning I will register the kids for school. I can't believe summer is coming to a close. And here on the prairies it really hardly felt like summer, weather-wise anyway. Very cold and wet and humid. But the climate is not the reason I am melancholy. The kids are getting older and it is happening too fast. My little morning partner is going to Grade One and will be in school all day- no more half days for him. When I said I would miss him he told me that if I got lonely I could snuggle his Stuffies. He is such a doll. And my oldest is starting Grade Three... he had a Dictionary on his school supply list! This is going to a bit of a difficult adjustment I think. For me, not them. I am going to have more time on my hands than I have had in years and years, which raises the question.... What now?

2 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

Love the painting, what a clever idea to paint just reflections!
Now you have more time on your hands you could paint more and have more me time, I am sure you deserve it. (so don't feel guilty, just enjoy)

Nicki said...

Hi Diana,

Nice to hear from you! I hope you are well.

Yes, I love to paint just the reflections, although the entire visual scene at Spruce River is appealing and I have enjoyed painting many aspects of it.

Thanks for your words. The kids are both at school right now as I type this and it feels weird having my morning free. Usually my little guy is with me. It's hard, but I hope I do paint more. That will help.

Nicki