Sunday, February 13, 2011

Stoic

Stoic
16 x 20"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2010 
private collection

Another painting I had hanging in my show at Moka. The day I put the show up I realized I had not taken a photo of beforehand, but that task is now done... so here it is! Below you can see how I had "Stoic" grouped with two other paintings in the coffee shop...


This table grouping is right across from the ordering counter and it is a prime location in the coffee shop. It looked quite striking when you walked in. The painting in the middle, "Across The Lake", sold! (to a dear friend who loves my paintings).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

a good collection of the variation in your work Nicki! Good luck with the sales:)

-Don said...

I love "Stoic". You capture the essence of a proud old soul who has always done it their way. Those strokes in the sky around that old soul are too cool!

Congrats on the sale. May it be the first of many for this show.

-Don

Kim Rempel said...

Gorgeous!! It makes me want to get back outside.

Nicki said...

Thanks Rahina. And congrats on your work being shown in the art store.

N.


Don, you totally get what I was going for with this piece and the title "Stoic". Thanks!

Nicki


Thanks Kim... it won't be long until another Canadian winter is behind us.

Nicki

Barbara Muir said...

I love Stoic and congratulations on the sale. Everybody loves your work. What's not to love? You are great. I am going to meet you very, very soon. I am soooooo excited.

XOBarbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara,

Thanks! I am so excited that by this time in two weeks, I will have met you! Oh, it's going to be good!!! I can hardly wait- the countdown is on!

Nicki