Thursday, February 24, 2011

In The Forest

In The Forest
7 x 7 "
acrylic on canvas
private collection
(commission)
© Nicki Ault, 2011 

A painting very similar to this, "Peace and Quiet", sold last fall. I had it displayed at the Open Studio in November and one of the other artists wanted it, so after realizing it was already sold she asked me to paint something similar for her. She is a dear lady- 83, I think, and although I am not huge on repeating something I have already done, for her I had to say yes. The problem is I almost forgot! There was so much happening at the end of last year- the Open Studio, the show at Moka, the International Women Celebrate! project... and Christmas- that I simply agreed and then put it on the back-burner! Luckily during one of the few times I have been at the studio this year, I remembered and got the job done. The painting is approved and now it is heading off to the framer. Today Tommy (6) helped me name it.

In other news, I will begin working very soon on another much larger commission for a forest scene.

6 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

I love this, and three cheers for Tommy!

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Barbara. Tommy is so funny- you'd like him!

Smiles,
Nicki

-Don said...

I love your radiant greens and the fact that the red underpainting makes them 'pop' even louder. You and Tommy make a great titling team. Congrats on the commission. Have fun with it.

-Don

Nicki said...

Thanks Don, I think those little shots of red do that too. It brings an energy to the painting.

Nicki

SKIZO said...

Wonderful
Work
good creations

Nicki said...

Thank you, Skizo!