Saturday, September 7, 2019

Painting The Landscape At Darrell Bell Gallery


Here is your invitation to the third annual Painting The Landscape show at Darrell Bell Gallery!

I have been hunkered down like crazy lately. August was definitely an eat-paint-sleep-repeat month. However, I feel like the work was all worth it - there isn't a dud in the bunch! I love the painting they used for the invitation above. "Deer Bed" is a 20x20 based on an 8x8 I did earlier this year.

Below is a photo of the back-sides of all of my August paintings with sizes listed! I cannot believe how much I accomplished. Mind you, I did have a few under-paintings prepared before we went on family holidays in July, so those were ready to go when I started painting in August. The 10x10's are already at Assiniboia Gallery and the 6x6's replenished the wall at Evrgreen Coffee and Food in Waskesiu.

© Nicki Ault, 2019

I'm delivering five new large paintings to Darrell Bell Gallery today for the big show opening next weekend. I have at least four new large paintings and four additional new 10x10's (in progress now) going to Regina on Friday to replenish Assiniboia Gallery and for their booth at Art Now Saskatchewan Art Fair happening in two weeks. I have a new batch of 8x8's building at the studio which will be delivered next week to Darrell Bell Gallery to refresh the grid in time for the weekend.

Whew!

And to top all of that off, I have been quietly working on another project that I will reveal in a matter of days. I cannot wait!

Please stay tuned and thanks for your patience as I haven't been posting much lately.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Wow. Love the painting, and the story of all of this work!

Fabulous. As soon as I get over this horrible cold I'm on it,
inspired by you my friend.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thank you, Barbara. I was a bit shocked when I listed the work I created over such a short time. No wonder I am tired!