Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Details of the DP Project Starting March 7th


I am so excited about this project!

My son is in a unique Grade 9 program called Collective Voice at a local high school. My oldest was also in the program two years ago. The subjects of History, English and Fine Arts are covered in an innovative learning environment with a focus on social justice and teaching the students to be responsible citizens, both locally and globally.

Each spring, the two CV classes (about 50 students) go on a big trip with the teacher and several chaperones (who are not current parents). This year they are going to Toronto to explore! They will go to museums, galleries, Broadway shows, experience the subway, try different food, walk ALL over, talk to community groups and basically broaden their fifteen year old horizons!

Fundraising happens all year with the hope of covering all or most of the costs. No child will be left behind for financial reasons. Rather than donate a small painting or two as silent auction prizes, I have decided to try to raise even more money for the students through a "Daily Painting Project". Here's the kicker... I will donate 100% of the sales to the Collective Voice 2019 trip!!! You buy an original 6x6 painting from me and your $100 will help send some really awesome kids from all walks of life on an educational trip they will never forget!

The first painting will be released by 10:00 a.m. tomorrow, Thursday, March 7th! I will be posting the paintings on Facebook and Instagram. I may only do updates every few days on this blog. If you are not on social media, the links below should still work, but you won't be able to comment or send a "direct message" on those platforms without an account, so email me at nicki.ault@shaw.ca if you see a painting you want over the next twelve days!

www.facebook.com/Nicki.Ault.Studio

www.instagram.com/nicki.ault.studio 


Pass on this news to anyone who may be interested. Thank you!

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Sounds amazing Nicki. Happy International Women's Day yesterday.

I wrote about the Ayr show on my blog. I so loved meeting you.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

What a great group show we were a part of, and it was amazing meeting you!