Friday, May 25, 2018

Long Weekend Debut

Long Weekend Debut
10x10"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2018
sold at Assiniboia Gallery

A week ago, on Instagram, I posted a photo of the first sunset I witnessed at the lake this year on Friday evening of the May long weekend. I went to the lake with my oldest son and his friend; I painted and they fished, played Frisbee golf and ate cinnamon buns from the local bakery!

I was so excited to be back up north that I was compelled to get up on Saturday morning and attempt to paint the feeling of hope and contentment I felt from the warm, golden light shining through the trees. This painting captures my mood that evening.

I delivered this painting on Tuesday and it will be in my solo show "Mood" at the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina from June 7-30.


No comments: