Friday, October 13, 2017

Cloud Extravaganza Over Wheat

Cloud Extravaganza Over Wheat
10 x 10"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold at Assiniboia Gallery in Regina

Well, this little baby sold before I could get it posted! I have produced a lot of work in the last couple of months and I am having trouble remembering what I have shown and what I haven't. I need to fine tune my system!

While I was working at the studio yesterday morning I received a text from the Assiniboia Gallery and as we were chatting, Jeremy suddenly said they just sold four paintings right then and there! I think I lost consciousness for a split second! I am beyond thrilled and terribly grateful.

In the one month that I have been with Assiniboia Gallery they have sold nine paintings! Here is my artist profile on their website...


A bit hard to see I realize, but there are nine red dots out of a possible eleven! Crazy!

Speaking of red dots, I am stunned by the response to my art at Darrell Bell Gallery's show "Painting The Landscape". Darrell and his team sold thirteen 8x8's and five large paintings for me!



 

 

There is a cool story attached to one of the large pieces that sold. On the evening of the reception, someone in attendance really connected with my work. She went home, looked me up online, found my blog, read that I also had work at Boffins, went directly over to look at the work and phoned the gallery that night to purchase "Sky Over Canola"!

Sky Over Canola
24 x 36"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold at Darrell Bell Gallery in Saskatoon

I am having so much fun right now! I want to paint all the time and I want to get better with each painting. I have worked hard - really hard - and it is so exciting to feel like things are coming together. There have been some serious lows along the way and right now I am experiencing some serious highs. I expect at some point the lows will come again and when they do I will persevere and work hard to come out the other side a better artist. I am humbled and overwhelmed by those who support me, who are excited about my art and who are helping make my dreams happen: my family, my friends, my art colleagues, collectors and my two favourite galleries!

Today, I paint!!!

4 comments:

Monika said...

RIGHT ON ♡

Nicki said...

Thanks girlfriend!

Marcela Strasdas said...

Super congratulations Nicki! So happy for you, you have been working very hard for the last few years and it is paying off:)

Nicki said...

Thanks Marcela! It is starting to feel like I am making some headway!