Friday, September 1, 2017

Where did August Go?

Cinderella's Castle
© Nicki Ault, 2017
I really didn't mean to neglect my blog for a month. I don't know where the days went. I have been working on the big commission and other large works and as a result haven't had anything to show. Also, we had an epic family holiday to Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida! We planned it ages ago and it was absolutely amazing! The kids were perfect ages to take (thirteen and fifteen) and it was so fun to see the wonder in their faces as they experienced this magical place. It is really quite astounding when you think about what has been built there. The overwhelming amount of creativity, design and imagination is absolutely inspiring.

On my birthday we went to "Springfield" at Universal Studios and had Krusty Burgers! The Harry Potter World was mind boggling; including the (expensive) wands which performed magic at certain stops along the streets of Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, but you had to make the correct motion and say the spell for it to work!

 Duff Beer
© Nicki Ault, 2017

Dragon Atop Gringott's Bank
© Nicki Ault

 Archway into Hogsmeade
© Nicki Ault

Possibly my favourite park of all is the Animal Kingdom.I LOVE it there. It could spend hours looking over the Tree of Life. A brilliant imagination created that piece of art. It was so fun walking around it with the kids trying to find all of the different animals in the trunk of the tree.
The Tree of Life
© Nicki Ault, 2017

On that note, I am inspired and I'm fired up to paint! Some great things are happening in my little art world and I will be filling you in right away. There is a lot happening all at once, so my head is down, I am working hard at the studio everyday and my fingers are crossed that these paintings turn out because there is no time for redos!

Thank you so much for patiently waiting for me to return. Paintings are coming!

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this Nicki,
and I'm so glad you've had a busy and rewarding summer. It does feel like it just rushed away. I am leaving for New York this week, but will try to post if I can while I'm gone. Come over to the blog sometime and let me know what you
think. I miss you (seeing you) and let's talk after I get back from NYC.

XOXOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara,

Yes, rushed away is a perfect way to put it.

I have been so absent these days from seeing what others are doing. I will spend some time in your blog neighborhood very soon! XOXOXOXO