Monday, June 12, 2017

Heavy Sky At Dusk (Painting Makeover)

Heavy Sky At Dusk
(after)
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2017
available

Here it is... the doozy I mentioned last week.

I consider myself a person of reasonable taste. Good taste even. So what the bleep was I thinking with the original version of this painting in 2014?! Honestly, it is brutal! Three years ago I apparently thought the "before" was good enough to post it on my blog and in my Daily Paintworks gallery. I'm not even saying the "after" painting above is the best thing I have ever done, but I will say that it is miles better than what I did three years ago.

Heavy Sky At Dusk
(before)
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2014

What this says to me, thankfully, is that I am growing and learning and refining my taste. It means I am not stagnant and I am moving forward. This growth is at my pace which could be slower or faster than that of others, but it really doesn't matter in the end, what matters is the progress is there. And I do feel I am progressing. If nothing else these painting makeovers are revealing this to me and that is a valuable thing.


No comments: