Monday, April 13, 2015

A Gentle Day

A Gentle Day
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2015
sold

On Sunday I was going to head north on a road trip to take photos of the landscape, and I also needed to take some photos for a commission I have agreed to do, but it was so dusty and dirty I just wasn't inspired. Also, my ever-so-logical mom said I might regret going all that way to get a picture for the commission when the leaves are not yet on the trees. She is right, the foliage needs to be out- it will be better. Luckily I have time to wait for that, the painting isn't due until later in June.

With the day freed up, I decided to spend it at the studio. I hadn't been there in a week because the kids were home for the Easter break. It was very productive! I did this little painting with simplicity again on my mind. It looks really good with "The Green Field" which I showed you last time. I also got a great start on a 30"x30" canvas that is another attempt at a somewhat abstracted grasslands field. Bridget was there all day, too, and we decided painting is fun.

No comments: