Monday, April 6, 2015

Deer Trail In Spring and An Upcoming Show!

Deer Trail In Spring
6 x 6"
oil on board

This was an experiment in trying to be a bit more abstract with the mark-making. I like portions of the painting but overall I am not sure. It is fun to play around with the cropping to see what you can find. A few details I like are:






Speaking of experimenting, a lot has been going on in the studio. I am not ready to show you any of my efforts yet, but I'll get there. I am trying new things, even if all that means is using different media. I've also been painting on paper which has an entirely different feel than canvas or board. Last Thursday Jackie joined Bridget and I at the studio and we worked the entire day. You may recall that the three of us went to Georgian Bay in the fall of 2013 and had an exhibition of that work in the fall of 2014. Well, we have another show planned! I am excited but nervous about it because my personal goal is to step out of my comfort zone and show some different work. The show will be at Hues Art Supply in Saskatoon and will run for the month of June. I think the girls are intent on helping me step outside of myself and hopefully find a way to express something new. They are both less inhibited than me so their influence is welcome.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love this to the max.

XOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Mmmm, I'm so glad! Thanks Barbara!

Nicki