Thursday, July 3, 2014

Canoeing and Painting In The Wild


Last August I went on the first ever "Canoeing and Painting in the Wild" trip to Lac La Ronge Provincial Park. Aside from experiencing an epic storm as we crossed our last portage, the adventure was peaceful, stunningly beautiful and quite productive. The food was ridiculously delicious and far exceeded my expectations. Among other tasty things, we had coconut rice pudding, homemade stew and some sort of delicious fried cheese as an appetizer one night. So good. It was hard to believe it all came out of backpacks and coolers. Our homebase was rustic and cozy- I slept so well after all of the fresh air and exercise and painting. I loved the feeling of seclusion- there was nobody around for miles, just sounds of nature going about its business. The opportunity to escape from the city was just what I needed and I returned feeling strong, proud and like I accomplished something not many people have done.

Cliff is in the process of taking registration for the second "Canoeing and Painting in the Wild" adventure which will run in August. If this sounds like it might be up your alley, really think about it. If you have any questions he would be happy to answer them for you (his contact info is in the above poster) or if I can help in some way, you can always contact me through this blog, my Facebook page or at nicki.ault@shaw.ca. You will be awed by the beauty found on Sulphide Lake.

P.S. In the poster I am the first person in the canoe on the right.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Sounds wonderful for plein air painters. I am your studio type.

You are amazing.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

It was a great experience and I am so glad I did it. I may do it again someday. Definitely not for studio types! :)

I think you are more amazing.

N.