Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Explosive Sky

Explosive Sky
20 x 20"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2012

KA-POW!!! I wasn't kidding when I told you I beefed up the colour! These clouds started off on the easel quite calm, cool and collected, as you can see here, but some kind of mood kicked in and I decided to go hard or go home! The result is the product of some serious colour experimenting. When I was at the studio yesterday for a short period of time, Bridget (studio mate) and I were chuckling that I needed to do an accompanying painting of Zeus with his Thunderbolt, then last night as I was playing Battleship with my son I glanced at the box and burst out laughing because the illustrations of the explosions looked like these clouds. 



It doesn't always happen, but sometimes art can be all fun and games!

No comments: