Sunday, June 10, 2012

Art Trek: Studio Discovery Tour

 
 
   Well, the first ever Art Trek: Studio Discovery Tour was extremely well received. It was so much fun for both the artists and the public! People seemed to be having so much fun finding the places and trekking around town. Many were traveling in small groups and got a real charge out of talking about which venues hey had been to and where they still planned to go. Some were even making it a bigger event for themselves and planning a dinner out as a grand finale. If I was free, that is exactly what I would have wanted to do with my friends!

On Friday evening Saskatoon Cycles planned a bike tour of all five Art Trek locations and ended up having roughly 30 cyclists register! The studio where I paint (St. George Studio) was their last stop. I happened to be outside when they arrived (I was re-hanging the signage and balloons the neighborhood kids pulled down) and when they came around the corner it was such a cool sight! I only wish I had my camera with me!

On Saturday, at our studio location, we had a huge canvas outside and were asking the public to "make a mark" of their own as a way to get them even more engaged in the studio experience. Fun!


  
And the studio stayed in work mode so people could see things as they usually are on a daily basis.


I'm already looking forward to next year!

No comments: