Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Confusion

Confusion
10 x 10"
acrylic and oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

After I painted Red Alert: Winter Dogwood I felt the need to review my intention of painting it in the first place because, although I was happy with the result, it was not what I had thought it would be in my mind. Once I did some contemplating I realized that it was the crazy red branches against the snow that had me inspired. As soon as I zeroed in on that I decided to paint some smaller pieces with the focus being on exactly that- the exciting tangle of red.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

like it. Great decision. Nice abstraction.

XO Barbara

Nicki said...

I'm glad you think so Barbara. I'm interested in exploring abstraction of nature a bit more. The class I am taking this summer will help with this.

XO Nicki