Thursday, March 8, 2012

Last Rays

Last Rays
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2012
sold

This is the colourful forest scene I came up with on Monday after my many attempts at painting flowers went nowhere. I used a photo that I took last September when I went on a weekend retreat to Waskesiu all by my lonesome. Which got me thinking... I'm sure I haven't shown one of the paintings I did on that weekend which, in fact, I called "Retreat to the Forest".

The last two days have been beyond busy. Completely non-stop... like a two day marathon. I should have taken pledges!



4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Cool idea -- can painters take pledges? I'd like that too. Same, same, same.

Love this painting. Very T.T. I've been to the gallery three times in the past two weeks, and given Tom a talk about you each time.

XO Barbara

Anonymous said...

a wonderful combination of colours and very aptly titled: you have captured that bewitching hour Nicki !

Nicki said...

Hi Barbara,

Oooh, how amazing to have easy access to such greatness... Thanks for mentioning me to Tom! I'm glad you like this one.

Hugs,
Nicki

Nicki said...

Rahina, your comment made me smile. It is a magical time of day and a quality of light I want to continue to explore.

I hope you are well,
Nicki