Saturday, February 18, 2012

Feelin' Sketchy Saturday

15 minute sketch

The model at the drop-in drawing session today was excellent... she did these crazy, really hard (as in physically difficult) 2 minute gesture poses and none of mine worked out! I think I was too preoccupied with her falling over and hurting herself. Once a mother always a mother! When we got to the slightly longer poses I decided to try to avoid drawing lines and just start shading in the forms. I enjoyed going about things this way, so I tried it again with the next pose...

 15 minute sketch

After that I decided to work on finding the right proportions...

20 minute sketch

If you look closely you can see I divided the page roughly into equal eighths to try to stick with the "an adult is 7-8 heads tall" rule... but I still couldn't keep it all on the page! I need a bigger sketch book; I forgot I used the final page last Saturday. Next week I will be at the art supply store getting a big sketch book and a big newsprint pad.

It's a gorgeous, melting day here in 'Toon Town! Enjoy your Saturday wherever you are!


No comments: