Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One More Sleep!


The time has come! In one more sleep I leave the men in my life behind and fly east for an exciting adventure! I will be landing in Toronto where I will meet my sister. It is very rare we get time together just the two of us, so I am really looking forward to it. On Saturday I will drive to Ayr, Ont. where I will be attending the "Artist's Preview" of International Women Celebrate! My contribution to this collaboration celebrating the centenary of International Women's Day is called "In My Aura". It will be exhibited alongside over 100 other original artworks by women from around the world. I am beyond excited! I will meet artists Barbara Muir, Kim Rempel, Marcia Cohen Labelle and Tammy Hext! And I am sure I will leave knowing many more than that! I will take lots of photos and share some when I get back. I am especially excited to see Suzanne Berry's painting in person; you can see it on her blog post from January 7th. And Pam Holnback's; see her painting on her January 31st blog post. The official opening gala is taking place on the anniversary date which is Tuesday, March 8. I'll be back home by then, but I will be anxious to hear all about it. Apparently it has been confirmed that the former Deputy Prime Minister of Canada, Sheila Copps, will be speaking at the gala. The show will continue through to April 10 and is also a fundraiser for charities serving women and children in Haiti.

I am so happy to be part of this. I am so happy I didn't chicken out!

Stay tuned for an update early next week.

8 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Thanks so much for not chickening out, and for persuading this artist to join you. I am way too excited to meet you. It is going to be a fantastic weekend.

Sleep!

XOBarbara

Anonymous said...

well done for going for this!
safe journey Nicki and hope you have a great time with the others:)

Judy Adamson said...

What a huge event - I can understand your excitement! Have a great time - looking forward to hearing how it went when you get back!

cohen labelle said...

Hi Nicki

Yes, please do get your beauty sleep! I'm very excited and so looking forward to to meeting you at this very special event - coming all the way from a province where I used to live.
Thank you for mentioning me in your post.
I have been admiring your incredible work for a very longish, long time!!!!

Marcia

suzanneberry said...

nicki, you are really such an inspiration, thank you for the mention and for taking me along, spiritually anyway, on this incredible journey. have a wonderful time!

Nicki said...

I'm here now and I am so excited! Thank you for all of your comments ladies! This whole blogging deal has been such an incredible addition to my life- in very large part due to the incredible people I have met. Barbara and Marcia, I'll see you tomorrow! Rahina, Suzanne and Judy... I wish you were here!

Nicki

Jill and Haida said...

Hi Nicki:

So pleased you didn't chicken out...I get to tell the story of how you met Jeff Hall's driver at 7 a.m. at a Home Depot...

Jill

Nicki said...

Hi Jill,

Thanks for stopping by.

Ha! Yes, that was an early morning adventure! What you didn't know was that I was also really sick! And when I got to Home Depot my cell phone rang and the meeting location had changed to a truck stop on the opposite side of town!!! It all worked out in the end and I was glad it was safely on it's way.

Nicki