Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Ten Years Later That Artist Is Me!


I finally have a website!


is live! 
  
This is likely only a big deal to me, but that's okay, I still want to make this announcement. I am pretty dang proud that I built a website and that it turned out as well as (I think) it did. I am absolutely thrilled that now I can direct people to one place to look at my art. No more telling people to look at my small work on Daily Paintworks, my large work in my Facebook albums, or scroll through my blog or go to different gallery sites. UGH. It was becoming embarrassing. 

How on earth did I go so long without a website?

Well, for one, I can procrastinate with the best of them, but seriously and in all honestly, it has taken me this long to consider myself "professional" enough to deserve one. 

When my children were very young I spent three years from 2006-2009, watching the Daily Painting movement online. I was impressed with artists like Duane Keiser, Abbey Ryan, Edward B. Gordon, Carol Marine and Karin Jurick - and was fascinated by the possibilities of this online world of art. Finally one evening in August of 2009, hands shaking, I took the first step in setting up a blog, then the next step, then the next. By the end of the night this non-computer savvy person had given herself a blog for her birthday! 

"Nicki Ault: Me, Myself and Who Am I?", was going to help me explore who I was beyond a mother, wife, sister and friend. I never planned to become a daily painter, but I did hope the accountability of posting on a blog would motivate me to keep painting. It was hard with a busy five and seven year old around, but it worked. Nobody understood what I was doing, some worried that being "out there" online could even be dangerous, but I had this deep feeling in my gut that this was going to be the right thing for me. It was a tether to the art world.

Ten years later this blog is still going which ultimately means I am still going. TEN YEARS! Ten years and one thousand four hundred and fifty-six blog posts later!

My story is one of a self-conscious, introverted, stay-at-home mom who loved art and painted a little, but dreamed of being an artist who was represented by professional, reputable galleries, who painted full-time and who had her own website.

And today, with the launch of www.nickiault.com, that piece of the puzzle is in place...

 and that artist is me!

 

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Yay! Congratulations. I get it. I started working on a website last spring, and
then one thing and another got in the way. Got to finish it, but there are still
so many things in the way.

Good for you! You are an amazing artist. I think it's too bad we have to jump through these cyber hoops, when the beauty of your work is obvious to anyone with eyes! But you did it. Woo Hoo!

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Anonymous said...

Nicki, thanks for the visual gift of your paintings. I look forward to seeing your new work and enjoy your little stories. Congrats on 10 years and your new website. "Follow Me" would look lovely on a wall in my Sherwood Park, AB home! I wish you continued success as your readership grows. And thank you for the opportunity to enter this exciting draw. - Susan Rowein