Friday, September 13, 2019

A Sense Of Place

A Sense Of Place
36x60"
oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2019
sold
(commission)

This painting was a challenge and a joy all at once. It was a commission that came through Darrell Bell Gallery. I appreciate that they took the time to discuss my work with her and that they recommended she come for a studio visit. Luckily I was still in town, so I met her at 8:00 in the morning to hear what she envisioned for her special painting and then I was off on holidays with my family..

She desired a big Saskatchewan sky that we all know and love; the kind that are dark near the horizon creating a dramatic contrast against the glowing canola. She didn't want it to be too detailed and she didn't want a lot of purple. Aside from those minimal restraints, she wanted me to have fun and enjoy creating. She was wonderful and supportive.

I am happy to say that she is thrilled with her painting and has allowed us to show it at Painting The Landscape which opens at Darrell Bell Gallery tomorrow, Saturday, Sept. 14. Please come to the opening between 2:00 and 5:00 if you have the time. The invitation is below.




No comments: