Thursday, February 8, 2018

Mann Art Gallery Winter Festival Show and Sale 2018

Rustle
40 x 30"
acrylic and oil on canvas
© Nicki Ault, 2017
available

Last Phase, Saskatchewan Afternoon
20 x 20"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2018
available

It's that time of year again - the annual nail-biter: the Mann Art Gallery Winter Festival Show and Sale! I almost didn't send anything this year, but at the last minute a few others from the studio decided to submit work, so I made a quick decision to enter these two paintings. I really love both of them, so I thought, "Why not?"

The Opening Reception and Awards Presentation is Friday, February 9 at 7:00 p.m. It is always fun to drive to Prince Albert for the party, but my best art pal and studio mate is on holidays, so won't be able to attend. I'm not really that motivated to go as a result, but I will muster up the energy, find a different date and hopefully find something that still fits after a long chilly, chip-eating winter. I believe pajama bottoms and a big, stretched-out cowl necked sweater would be frowned upon at this event.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Love the paintings and discussion of what to wear. Artists live a life
of such contrasts -- covered in paint -- in specially unimportant
and wrecked clothes most of the time -- and then party time. Dress that
girl up! It's pretty funny really. But Nicki you look great all the time.

XOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Thanks Barbara. So true about the clothes we artists wear. I should be embarrassed when I traipse around in my paint-splattered clothes, but I am not. It's a problem when I actually have to look more presentable, though! :D