Friday, February 23, 2018

Like Sunshine On Earth

Like Sunshine On Earth
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold

I painted this canola field last summer right after I took the photo and then posted it soon after it was painted. It was very well received which was exciting, in fact, it sold immediately and I marked it as such. Except I made a rookie error: I marked it as such before any payment was received and told others inquiring about it that it was sold. Guess what happened? It fell through.

And so I learned a valuable lesson when you are operating on the business side of art business: it isn't sold until it is, well, sold. Or so they say in show biz, "It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings".

Going forward, all my work is available or on hold until transactions are complete. I am very glad I learned this lesson on a $100.00 piece rather than a $2000.00 piece.

So here it is again... a bright little piece for a chilly winter's day.. and available.

No comments: