Monday, February 26, 2018

Glorious Ending

Glorious Ending
10 x 10"
oil on cradled panel
© Nicki Ault, 2017
sold at Assiniboia Gallery

Here is another painting that sold awhile ago and I am just getting on the blog now. I am waaaay behind, but it is actually a good time to try to catch up as I am working on some large projects and it may be awhile before I can get some of them finished and posted.

This particular painting was created from some reference photos I took last summer during what might very well be the most dramatic and spectacular sunset I have ever witnessed- and I have seen some pretty kick-ass sunsets in my day! I am very grateful that it sold quickly after I delivered it to the Assiniboia Gallery.

I am really excited to explore these images further and I will go big and bold!

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Nicki,

I can't believe I've missed so many beautiful paintings. I'm sorry I broke my
wrist last week, and I am behind on many things. This is beautiful. I was just at the Artist Project in Toronto, and you belonged there. Your work astounds me.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Oh Barbara, I am sorry to hear about your arm! I hope it heals quickly.

I would love to attend the Artist Project- I saw the picture of you visiting Kim at her booth. I should look into applying, but it seems too far away to really make work.

I am glad you like the recent paintings!

XOXO
N.