Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Parking Lot Sunset, Waskesiu

Parking Lot Sunset, Waskesiu
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2015
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/nicki-ault/parking-lot-sunset-waskesiu/412653
sold

I will always remember this evening at the lake. My sister and brother-in-law were there, usually we aren't at the lake at the same time, and it was a glorious night. What do you do on a perfect night like this? Easy- take the dog (theirs) for a walk and get ice cream! Of course being who I am I also brought my camera with me and I was glad I did. I veered off from the others and went down to the main parking lot to capture the beautiful late-day sky behind the Spruce. While snapping pictures I ran into a friend walking with her family, so we had a quick catch-up and made plans to meet for a visit very soon. 

The entire evening left me feeling so happy I just knew I would be painting it. And now I have.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

So totally amazing. Whew! I so love, love, love your work.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Barbara, you are so wonderfully generous in your support of me.

XO N.