Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Old Mossy Tree

Old Mossy Tree
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2015

This tree. I love it. I have painted it before, but there used to be a pair. Now only one stands. The other has fallen from old age, weather and other elements. This one will be next and when that day comes I will be sad. It stands watching the marsh, the only place I have ever seen a moose in all of my time in Prince Albert National Park. It is a special place on the road to Birch Bay. Perhaps this year is my last painting this stoic guard- it, too, may be down after the winter.

2 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful as always, and it captures your somber mood too anticipating
another winter.

Love your work.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Nicki said...

Winter is looming, but we are also having some beautiful fall days lately. I must take the time to enjoy them.

XO N.