Saturday, August 29, 2015

Silver Sky, Waskesiu

Silver Sky, Waskesiu
6 x 6"
oil on board

​Sometimes sunsets are spectacularly otherworldly... and sometimes they are subtle, soft and silver. This was one of those times.

This seems to be the year of small paintings. I recently looked through my file of paintings completed so far in 2015 and I am a bit shocked to realize that the majority of the work is 12 x 12 or smaller. Not that there is a problem with that per se, but it explains my desire to get a big canvas on that easel. I feel like I have been painting in snippets- at least for the past two or three months. That is how it is in the summer when the kids are out of school. It is hard to commit to a large piece because although I might be able to get it started, it could be days or even weeks before I could put more time into it. At least with small work I feel like I can accomplish something. Aside from the factor of time, I also have to make sure Lifestyles has inventory to sell and I have to get ready for the Solar Gardens show (September) and those are both require small paintings.

Anyway, the bottom line is I am beginning to feel impatient with myself to produce something big! Maybe you are too!

No comments: