Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Moss Illuminated, Boundary Bog

Moss Illuminated, Boundary Bog
6 x 6"
oil on board

Boundary Bog is a hiking trail just inside the park gates of Prince Albert National Park on highway 264. I hiked it with my family as a young girl and now it is fun to walk the trail with my kids. The moss beds found here make you feel like you are in another world. Every time I see them I want to lay down; to sink into that plush ground in a warm sunbeam and take a nap. When the sunlight hits the green of the moss it glows a luscious chartreuse and I feel compelled to capture that feeling in paint. It very well might be one of my favourite things.

Speaking of favourite things... the other day, Friday, my family and I had quite a scare. My dear Dad fainted while doing some yard work at the lake- he landed hard and broke his hip. It was a crazy, stressful weekend with doctors and emergency and hospital rooms and surgery, but thankfully one of my very favourite people on this planet is now home and doing well. Any positive thoughts you might have to spare would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: