Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Path To The Beach, McPhee

Path To The Beach, McPhee
6 x 6"
oil on board
© Nicki Ault, 2015

I haven't had any time to create in the last week. That is until yesterday. In fact, it looks like I will be able to paint every day this week while the kids are in day camps. I spent the day organizing, prepping a large board for a commission, painting two 6 x 6's and having a visit with my studio mate, Bridget Aitken. It felt great to accomplish a list of things.

Above is one of the results of yesterday's efforts. I really like it! I was not sure I could pull off the effect of the shadow side of the path against the light side, but I think it worked fairly well.

I am anxious to paint on a larger scale, and I will soon, but I also have to get a bunch of 6 x 6's ready for the booth I will have at Solar Gardens in September. I did the one day show last year, but this year it will be both Saturday and Sunday. There is always the fear of no sales. When you commit time and money to these things you want to feel like it was worth your while and one of the best measures of that is sales. In the end, however, all you can do is be prepared and ready to talk to the wonderful people who attend. I've just ordered new business cards from Vistaprint, so if nothing else I will hand a bunch of them out!

No comments: